This is a challenging and exciting leadership role in Lexi’s Data Operations Team in Penang, Malaysia, located in the Suntech @ Cybercity Building in Bayan Lepas. The Data Operations Manager leads our team of technical data analysts in processing terabytes of supply chain data through Lexi’s proprietary cloud-based software tool, using Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools such as machine learning (ML) to derive valuable business intelligence insights for Lexi’s customers.
Lexi is rapidly growing, expanding its work for an international customer base that includes some of the biggest and best-known global electronics OEMs such as ABB in Europe and the USA. We’re seeking highly motivated people with a passion for solving complex technical challenges and delivering tremendous value to our customers. As a breakthrough innovator in Big Data Analytics, Lexi is revolutionizing traditional approaches to procurement and supply chain management in electronics manufacturing bringing transparency to our customers’ massive and complex supply chain databases.
The ideal candidate will be able to stay focused on strategic priorities aligned to company objectives while leading, supporting and inspiring our Data Operations team to meet all project deadlines and who leads by example the Lexi culture of pioneering innovation and breakthrough “can do” problem solving.
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage the Data Operations team in all technical data operations and ensuring that weekly and monthly deliverables are produced on time for our customers.
- Develop, enhance and maintain data transformation and standardization processes, working proactively to increase efficiency and quality.
- Leverage your (Electronics Manufacturing Services) EMS experience with costed bills of material (CBOMs) and engineering bills of material (EBOMs) to bring technical and commercial insight into the process of data analysis, data discovery, and derivation of business insights for our customers.
- Perform detailed quality reviews (of BOM data health and Lexi’s processes to achieve it), data investigations and issue identification when necessary, working to troubleshoot and resolve challenges identified with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coach, train and develop the team as Lexi grows to upgrade skills and knowledge.
- Minimum Bachelor level technical degree (EE or CS preferred).
- Minimum 10 years’ experience (3 of those in positions managing teams) in Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) companies in component engineering, technical program management, operations, and/or supply chain management / procurement / sourcing positions.
- Good knowledge of electronic components, suppliers, costs, CBOM structure, RFQ processes, etc.
- Very strong PC skills, especially in Excel and working with databases.
- Excellent communications skills, spoken and written, in English and Malay.
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills, working teams of technical and admin associates, in keeping with the Lexi culture that values commitment to delivering on our customers’ expectations, developing our people, critical thinking, and innovation.
- Ability to work at all levels within Lexi and with our global customers (mostly in Europe and the USA).
- Ability to handle periods of heavy workloads, cope with multiple projects in parallel, set the right priorities, and get stuff done.
Would be great if you also
- Can speak Mandarin (we have some customers in China)
- Have an MBA or equivalent
- Have specific software or technical skills in database management, PLM, ERP, CAD…
|Job Type||Full time|
|Salary||MYR 6,000 - MYR 12,000|